Monday, January 30, 2006

And onto the bandwagon I jump!

Blame my sister.  She said that a blog by me would be entertaining.  That's all I really need to hear.  That someone might smile, laugh, shake their head in agreement...I love entertaining people. 

   

That being said, I may just "shy out" and not even tell anyone that this is here.  Who am I kidding? LOL  "Hey world, I have a BLOG!!!"   

   

Besides making people laugh, this is also a great time-waster!  I really need to be doing laundry right now.  Or cleaning for the Body Shop party I'm having tonight. http://www.thebodyshop.com/bodyshop/index.jsp?cm_ven=icrossing&cm_cat=google&cm_pla=Brand&cm_ite=the_body_shop 

But no, I'm here, setting up this blog.  Excellent! 

   

There are dozens of things I could be doing, and yet I feel as though someone, somewhere may need to read how my day is going.  So here it is: 

   

I did exercise.  This is the program I use http://www.bodyflex.com/ .  It does actually work.  This begins week 3 of my "I have to lose weight before our cruise" diet and exercise program.  We're going on a Caribbean cruise the first week of May.  My physique is not cruise-worthy at the moment!  So I'm working on it. 

   

The house is (mostly) clean.  The kids did a great job ripping up some old boxes for me, so now I can get into the kitchen closet.   

   

I did shop for groceries.  With 3 kids.  'Nuff said. 

   

All 3 kids did do reading, phonics/language arts and math.  And they're reading right now (okay, so it's a punishment because they were being so mean to each other while they played with Polly Pockets, but so what?).  Not a bad school day. 

   

Mostly, though, I've tried not to hyperventilate.  See, we have to move.  We've been renting from my mom & dad for the last 10.5 years, and they sold the house we live in.  Exactly 2 months from tomorrow, we need to move.  Hopefully sooner, because I don't relish the thought of moving 10.5 years of my life in a weekend. 

   

We do not know where we will be moving to, yet.  I thought we knew, but that may have fallen though.  Hence the hyperventilating.  The housing market in RI is just awful, and just as bad if you're looking to rent.  Trying to find a 3 bedroom apartment with a yard, parking for 3 vehicles, allows pets that also has more than 700 square feet of living space for the amount we can afford seems nigh on impossible right now. 

   

Thank God that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" and that we are to "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."  I'm clinging to these verses right now. 
   
The laundry and dinner are calling.  I'm not sure that I've been entertaining in this inaugural post.  But there's always that possibility, so you know I'll be back!!! 






3 comments:

  1. HEY! Is that sexist or something? Can't they have the shadow of a woman to choose?


    CHRISTINE

    ReplyDelete
  2. is that a word? is that the right spelling? :D Well, you at least sound a little happier than before. Blogging is therapuetic, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fixed it, okay?? LOL

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)