Saturday, April 3, 2010

Water, water everywhere.....(oh, and a March recap)

Okay, I'll update March before I get to the flood news.

Maddie turned 12, and she & I got our ears pierced!  We went to the Piercing Pagoda in the Warwick Mall (which is now closed due to the flooding, so I guess it's good that we went when we did!), went shopping & got Auntie Anne's pretzels.  It was a fun afternoon--just girl time.

So excited!






1, 2, 3...



Voila!



Little purple flowers--she's been so good about taking care of her ears.  Only 2 weeks until we can take them out.  I just got a second hole in each ear with plain gold studs. 

We celebrated that evening with Mem & Pep--Happy 12th birthday, Maddie!



In other March news, Miss Patience got a haircut!  Very cute.  It's a little easier for her to take care of now.



Around Mid-March, we had a huge rainstorm.  So big, in fact, that the Pawtuxet River, which is very close to us, rose to almost 15 feet--about 5 feet (or so) over flood stage.  The river runs behind the ball field and playground at the end of our street.

The whole area turned into a giant lake.



Ramps leading up to the bike path:



Basketball, anyone?



Luckily, the rain stopped, the sun came out, and the waters receded without much damage.  The bridge near our house (and my easiest route to get to the bank, library, post office & CVS) was closed for a few days, but opened again no worse for the wear.

Unfortunately, about a week and a half of sunshine was all we were going to get.....(stay tuned for part 2).

1 comment:

  1. HOLY MACARONI!!!!!!!!! O_O


    I heard about that flood, but I didn't think it was THIS bad, I pray that everyone is safe! <=.



    L8r,

    bEcC@

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)