Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Is June over yet?

Did I think this month would be relaxed?  Not busy?  Geez, was I wrong.  We've been on the go for this first month of our summer break.

The month started with our church's Yard Sale.  Forgive me for putting this out into the world wide web, because I love our church family, but they can be a bit organizationally challenged.  They're getting better.  Anyway, I ended up coordinating the volunteers for the Yard Sale.  We had a great time, and raised over $700 for our "chair fund".  We're trying to buy new chairs for the sanctuary--not sure when it will actually happen.

Our weekly Bible study is on break now, for the summer.  We had a lovely potluck dinner on 6/9--I'm looking forward to fall when we start up again!

It's been a busy month for my Pampered Chef business as well.  Not a ton of shows, but lots to do, customers to take care of, new team members to train.  Today is the last day of the month--I have 2 shows to close, and a few phone calls to make, oh, and a trip to the post office.  Not bad.

Steve and I celebrated our 16th anniversary on 6/11.  By "celebrated", I mean he didn't get home from work until 8:30pm, we watched a movie, and then he fell asleep.  Oh well. :)  Earlier that week, I was able to buy a patio set for our deck with my paycheck--it's so nice to be able to sit outside to eat or read!

Eli & Maddie are still enjoying attending Youth Group.  They had a beach night earlier this month...I have pics to put up, but no time for that right now.

June 18 & 19 was the RIGHT (Rhode Island Guild of Home Teachers) 5th annual Used Curriculum Sale.  It's two very long days, but it was a success!  This was my second year on the committee.  We were in a new building this year, and it worked out really well.  I sold almost $100 worth of books!  So that $ is going into our Washington County Fair fund. :)  I found some fun books for the kids, and part of the girls' math curriculum.  We have one more follow-up meeting on 7/8, then I'm done with that for the year.

It's been great to have time to visit with friends--beach dates, lunches out, and I might even get to go to the movies next week (Eclipse!).  We had a really fun time last week at Jon & Heidi's new home, until someone suggested that we play kickball.  I managed to kick the ball, but went to run to first base and WIPED OUT.  My shoulder is still sore, and my pride may be permanently bruised.  I mean, I hadn't played kickball is oh, 15 years at least (okay, okay, it's probably closer to 20!).  I think I did pretty well. :)

Speaking of things I did 15-20 years ago--this year was NINETEEN years since I graduated high school!  NINETEEN!!!!  When did that happen???  I'm in denial that next year is the big 2-0.  We were only a class of 8--I wonder if someone will organize a reunion? :)

We had something upsetting happen last weekend--my & Eli's bikes were stolen from our backyard.  I went for a long bike ride on Saturday morning, but in the hurry of the rest of the day (we're buying a VAN!  WOO HOO!), I forgot to ask Eli to put the bikes back into the porch.  I didn't even look in the back yard again that day.  Sunday, we got up and went to church, and when we got home, Steve noticed that the bikes were gone.  Sunday evening (when I was at the beach with Maddie), our neighbor came over and told the kids that some other kids had dumped 2 bikes into their yard, but they didn't know whose they were, so they called the cops.  The officer took the bikes to the police station.

I called the station, and they told me to come by Monday morning, to see if they're our bikes (I can't imagine that they're not), but when we got there, we were informed that the ONE detective with the ONE key to where they were locked up won't be in until THURSDAY.  As my friend, Deb, said, "Do we live in Mayberry?" Grrr.  So I have to go back on Thursday, just to see if they're even our bikes.  I'm aggravated.

Okay, this has been a long, rambly post.  I'll come back soon with pictures.  Today we're visiting friends and I have a few errands to run.  I'm feeling beat already because Steve's stupid alarm woke me up at 5:30.  I hate that. Oh well, at least I had time to come write this post!  I know you're thrilled. :)  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)