I don't really enjoy cold weather. I mean, it's fine to look out the window, and see big, fluffy snowflakes coming down. IF my whole family is home. IF I can just sit on the couch with a quilt & good book (or movie or facebook...you get what I mean).
But that doesn't happen. There are piano lessons to get to, church, youth group, grocery shopping, work....and then I'm out, slogging through snowbanks, puddles, mud (tell me, is there any point AT ALL to washing your floors between December and May?).
And I all I really want to do is sit down with some fabulous comfort food, and eat myself into a coma. Being on a diet is no fun during cold weather (although, I've been making lots of new Flat Belly Diet recipes lately, and they really are delish!)--who wants salad? Not me--I want homemade mac & cheese, and warm, crusty bread, and right out of the oven fudgy brownies. Not carrot sticks. Sigh.
Anyway, all this to say--we're expecting snow again this week. I've heard anywhere from 3" to 10" inches on Friday. As unrealistic as it is, I'd like to go burrow under my warm blankets, go to sleep, and wake up when the daytime temps are hitting at least 55 degrees. (not really, I'd miss a lot of fun stuff, but really, springtime is so awesome--it smells so good, and it's so nice to go outside and NOT be able to see your breath.)
Enjoy the snow, you crazy, winter-loving peeps! I'll be the one popping yet another batch of popcorn and picking another movie to watch. :)
I'm so ready for spring....
ReplyDelete