Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Practicing a little self-care today

I almost typed "self-love" in the title of this, but that just sounds wrong. :) Either way, this momma needs a little down time; a little me time.

I cancelled our RSVP to the farm field trip that the girls and I were supposed to go on tomorrow. Sleeping in and staying in pajamas just sounds too nice. I booked a pedicure for Thursday afternoon--hopefully I won't spend the whole time bawling. At least the appointment is early enough that I won't feel rushed getting home.

This season of life is SO busy. It is sometimes hard to remember that it is okay to say no to things, and okay to take some time to relax. The housework can (and does...) wait. It's okay if we have an easy pasta dinner. The kids won't be ruined for life if we take an afternoon to watch a movie.

There are 51 other weeks of the year when I force myself to honor commitments, check off everything on the to-do lists, and get stuff DONE. The world will keep spinning if I allow myself this one week per year to lay low.


No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)