Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Stuff

Yep, I'm still here.  We've had a nice couple of weeks--Patience & Maddie have had a cold, but on the whole, we've been a lot less busy than normal, and its been nice to just be home!

Some thoughts to bring you up to speed on life here:

*I bought an exercise ball today.  What they don't tell you about these things is that it is more of a workout to fill the ball with air than it is to do an workout on it.  Literally 25 minutes of using the teensy hand pump that comes with the ball, and it still doesn't have enough air in it!  It is a 65cm ball, and it is supposed to have a circumference of 204 cm--I only have the circumference up to 160cm.  Guess what hubby is doing tonight?

*And while he's filling the exercise ball with air, I will be reading the manual to our new DVR player.  The 3rd season premiere of "Dirty Jobs" on Discovery is on tonight, and the kids want me to record it.  Apparently, hubby knows how to link a VCR, DVD player & DVR to the television, but has no idea of how to record.  SIGH

*Exercising is going okay.  Weight is not being lost, despite cutting back on eating.  But I'm out every other day (at least) walking.  The running part is not going so well.  I can only run for about 60 seconds at a time (and c'mon, this is a jog, not a sprint we're talking about!) without my legs falling off.  Okay, they haven't actually fallen off, but do I really want to risk that?

*School is back up and running.  We're catching up in our Astronomy & History, and cruising along with the math & phonics.  Eli started his RI History stuff.  Nothing too exciting to report.

*Work starts again tomorrow.  My first show in a month.  I've been doing tons of paperwork and such, but my office is still a mess.  Tomorrow night I'll be making Garlic Bites and Mandarin Pasta Salad.  Yum.    AND, I just found out what all of the new Pampered Chef products will be in the new Spring catalog!  I'm so excited!!!  I'll get the products I earned for free on 1/25!! 

That's about it.  Work, school, trying to lose weight.  Two out of three ain't bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)