Thursday, February 15, 2007

Still here...

I think of things to blog about, then don't have time.  Yikes, things have been crazy here, rather, I should say, work has been crazy.  It's 2/15, and I still have 6 PC shows to do this month.   That's okay, though--London, here we come!

Oooh, I'm getting a laptop!  Did I tell you that already?  I earned a $1500 gift certificate this year from PC (instead of taking the Bahamas trip), and we're using part of it for vacation in September (probably), and the rest for a laptop & washing machine.  I'm very excited.

Patience has this new thing where she talks by sucking IN air instead of exhaling.  So annoying.  It's been going on for about a week and a half--I'm so ready for her to get tired of it.  She sounds asthmatic whenever she talks to me.

Maddie does it, too.  sigh.  Maddie, though, also wakes up and does dishes without being told, so it is easier to forgive her for speaking as if she needs an oxygen mask.

Eli has a fun new thing  where he repeats the last thing you say at least 3 times, sometimes dramatically.  Me: "Eli, please take out the garbage."  Eli:  "Garbage, garbage, GARBAGE!!!!!!!!"  For everything.  He does it to his sisters, too.  He's driving us all nuts.  And can't seem to stop himself.  He has no middle ground.  He either never does something, or it's a habit.  Nothing in the middle.

Maddie will be 9 in 16 days.  I can still remember holding her for the very first time, and it seems that when I hug her, I'm always surprised at how big she's gotten.  She is so very precious to me, that girl.

We've finally had really cold weather here in RI.  The wind has been vicious.  And I'm getting cabin fever.  You know, the kind where I want the KIDS to go outside.  I actually excited to run errands tomorrow, just so that we can get out of the house.

Okay, so do you remember watching TV when you were younger (they still have stuff like this, but the memories of ones from childhood are more memorable) and you would see a commercial for a collection of music--take your pick from 50's love songs, Motown, or my favorite, 70's Southern Rock!  And they would play snippets of songs from Lynyrd Skynyrd, the Birds, etc.

My sister & I could sing the whole "commercial".  We only knew the one line of each song that they played.  "Born to be wiiiiildddd.....Jeremiah was a bullfrog!.....In a white room, with black curtains...Eight miles high.....Sweet home, Alabama!"   My dad would crack up at us.

I've realized that my children have their own version of this.  We listen to the local KLOVE radio station when we're in the car, and they will play promotional clips for the station, with snippets of a bunch of songs--and the kids sing with the commercials!  It is a riot, and takes me back to watching the commercials with the hippie in the bandana, "Turn it up, dude!"  My sister may be the only one who finds this funny, but I promise, she will think it is hysterical!

How was your Valentine's Day?  Pretty uneventful here, but in a good way.  The weather was crummy, and we got to stay in all day.  Okay, I got to stay in all day--Steve took Eli for his allergy shot appt., and then they went to Wal-Mart.  I made pizza for dinner, we all played "Quiddler" (otherwise known as "the game that mom might as well play by herself by setting up stations around a table and pretending that she is taking all of the turns because she has to help everyone so much"!).  Then the kids went to bed, and Steve and I watched "Glory Road".  Pretty good movie.

Oh, and Steve bought me a Sansa MP3 player!  Now I just have to figure out how to use it.  I did manage to load some songs onto it.  Finding time to listen to it is another problem. LOL

Sheesh, it's already past 11pm here.  I need sleep!  Have a wonderful week, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I remember that commercial!! Congrats on the laptop, etc!

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)