Thursday, April 9, 2009

On the road again...

Well, not so much a road as a bike path. :)  Today was the first day I took my bike out this season. 

--

We had a good morning--all of the kids were done with their school work by noon time.  Patience is officially down to one subject.  I need to order more work for her to do.  She thinks she's getting a 6 month summer vacation.  Ha.

--

We used Book-It certificates, and went to Pizza Hut for lunch.  What a fun treat!  I, embarrassing as it is to admit, hadn't done anything with the Book-it program (that's been sitting on my desk since September) until last month.  The kids have been reading tons of books, and this was a great way to reward them.

--

Steve had a slow day at work today, so he was home by lunch time.  He trimmed some hedges and made sure our bikes were all set to go.  What a guy.

This picture is actually from the other day--Maddie with her new 26" bike.



I thought she'd be able to ride a bit faster with a new bike, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  She still took up the rear for the whole bike ride we went on.

It was a beautiful day today.  I'm not sure what the high was, but it was sunny, and actually felt warm in the sunshine.



Here are the three kiddles--they're getting so big.



Now Patience--she has a little one speed bike, and she's always in the front of the pack!  This is what we see:



What a day--look at this sky!



I invited my parents over for dinner--spiral cut ham, cheesy rice w/broccoli, edamame, niblets corn and carrots.  DELISH.  It was fun getting to visit with them.  And my mom brought a Boston Creme Cake for dessert.

Well, the kids are in bed, and hubby and I are going to go relax and enjoy a movie.  We've got a busy weekend coming up, as I'm sure most of you do. 

Happy Easter!

1 comment:

  1. What a great day!! Can't wait for more sunny days like that. Too tired of rain and cold.

    What have you been up to?


    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)