Monday, March 1, 2010

I tried to resist

But I am, indeed, sick.  I went to the doctor's today, after a weekend of agony and not being able to sleep.  My throat is very red, and because my throat hurts, my ears hurt.  I'm living on throat lozenges.  The doctor did a strep test, so I'll find out tomorrow if it's that or just a virus.  She started me on penicillin, just in case.  I'm allergic to penicillin, but not in a "get the Epi-pen" way.  I just get horrific hay fever.  So far, so good, though.  But I've only had one dose.  We shall see....

-

Also, in "resisting" news: I gave up Diet Coke for Lent.  I've never given up anything for Lent, as I've never gone to a church that observed Lent.  Not sure what prompted me to do so this year.  Anyway, tomorrow will be 2 weeks since I've had one.  I *did* have a glass of root beer about a week ago, but other than that, I've been on a "carbonation vacation" as my dad would say.

-

I guess I feel strongly enough about it, because I had a nightmare the other night that I had inadvertently started drinking a Diet Coke.  I completely panicked in the dream, thinking, "OH NO, I gave this up for LENT!"  It gave me quite the chuckle when I woke up.

-

Okay, off to gargle....have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)