Seriously, what is my deal? Sheesh!
Sunday afternoon, I was doing a favor for my landlady. She is very civic-minded, and is involved with a group that gets grants for land development (?? kind of? I can't really describe it.), and they got a grant to put in a canoe launch on the river near our house. So they're looking for people to be involved and volunteer. I told her that I would hand out flyers in my neighborhood.
So Steve and I set out. We left a lot of flyers in doors, and only talked to a few neighbors (we don't know a lot of people in our neighborhood....makes me think of the Sesame Street song 'Who are the people in your neighborhood?'--my answer would be "I don't know."). On the last street we were going to go on, a lady answered the door and started chatting with us. When we were done talking (a few minutes before SHE was done--LOL), I turned around, and practically HIT THE DIRT. My right ankle rolled under me. OUCH!!!
I limped home, with Steve's help. Elevated it, ice, the whole bit. Steve didn't think I needed to go to the ER, so I sat there. :( The next morning, I was still dying. So my very good friend, Laurie, came and got me, and brought me to the walk-in clinic. After waiting an HOUR, they brought me back to an exam room, only to tell me that the x-ray machine was down! AUGHH! The physcian's assistant came in, did a cursory exam, and gave me some crutches & a prescription to go get an xray somewhere else. Back home, I was GEE, elevating and icing it.
I couldn't stay that way, though, because not only did we have a field trip to a local dairy farm, but then I was going to the chiropractor, and THEN I had a meeting with my Pampered Chef team. I was so happy to get home at 7:30pm.
This morning, my foot felt a lot better, but I'm still limping. And because I'm limping, it's making the rest of my leg hurt, because I'm twisting it slightly to not put pressure on the injured part. I used the crutches yesterday--no more. I'm bruised under my arms, and honestly, that hurts more than my foot now. AND, after getting that lovely adjustment yesterday, my left shoulder & side of my neck are hurting. I'm a mess.
Anywhoo, since my foot was feeling a bit better, I put on some sturdy shoes (loving my new Dansko sneakers), and took myself off to the radiology place (and Toys R Us, and the post office, and the library and CVS--y'know, since I was out) and got the xray.
FIVE hours later, the walk-in clinic doctor called to let me know that I do NOT have any fractures and guess what? I should elevate the foot, ice it, use compresses and take ibuprofen if it hurts. Sigh. I know, I know, I could have just stayed home, but trust me, if I hadn't gone in, it would have been broken. It's like when I DON'T bring the kids in, because "C'mon, they're not that sick!" and they end up with a raging double ear infections.
So I've spent the rest of this day parked on the couch, watching tv and surfing the net. Thank goodness this doesn't happen often--I'm actually bored. Luckily, NCIS and NCIS:LA are coming on in 10 minutes. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)