I don't really know what the deal is. I waste enough time on the computer every day, yet making time to come here and blog has fallen to the bottom of the priority list.
Part of it is maybe just wanting to be more private? Between Facebook, Twitter, blogs, message boards....sometimes I feel like I'm just too "out there." And it makes me feel vulnerable--especially, like last week, when there is some kind of conflict. I feel too exposed. At a certain point I don't want people commenting on every little aspect of my life. Mostly if the comments are negative or sarcastic. But even when it's all fun and light, and the comments are positive--I still run into those people who have to comment about HOW much I'm on Facebook or HOW much I bake or whatever. And so it makes me want to withdraw.
I spent the last week barely putting any status updates on FB. It was amazing to me how few people I actually interact with on FB. I ended up going and deleting a bunch of my 'friends.' Certainly not in a malicious way at all! But if at a certain point, you're just using FB to be a peeping Tom into someone's life, but not actually interacting with them, why even have them there? And no one 'needs' (that's a powerful word there!) 500 friends on FB.
I do use it, to a certain extent, for my business. I want my customers to feel a connection with me. But even that...if I haven't seen, spoken to, or emailed someone in a year or more...do I need to keep that connection? I don't know.
Just some thoughts that I'm trying to work through here...
keep me! ;)
ReplyDeleteHopefully I'm posting as myself and not Rachel now.
ReplyDelete