Saturday, August 11, 2012

Still alive and kicking

But there are moments when it feels like barely.

Anemia is still my companion.  I had blood work done last week, and my hemoglobin actually dropped while on iron supplements.  So, I have to double up on the supplements now.

In other big news, I'm going in next week for a NovaSure procedure--nothing says summer vacation like having the lining of your uterus burned out with a laser.  BUT, it should help tremendously with the issues I've been having, and have me fully recovered by our.....

DISNEY VACATION!!!!

Yes, we've finally booked our vacation, our first family vaca that isn't going to visit relatives in 7 years.  We're so stoked.  We're going at the end of October.

Despite my constant exhaustion and dizziness (physical, not mental--watch it), we've actually made it to the beach a couple of times. Not sure if we'll make it to the county fair this year--the dr. scheduled that procedure for the first day of the fair, and I just do not know if I'll feel up to it.

In other fun news, my laptop CPU fan crashed and burned, so I'm typing this on my NEW laptop!  Steve does spoil me.  Let's see if I can figure out how to add pictures on this baby (because I haven't figured out how to hook up my wireless printer).

Woo hoo--it worked!  Here are Maddie and I (I know you're jealous of my cool Average Joe's t-shirt!) at Scarborough beach.


Ahhh....nothing like the sun & surf.



The best time of day, before the beach gets crowded.


Proof that a) I have not magically lost 25 lbs, and that b) I do occasionally wear a bathing suit--got this Land's End top for $17!


Action shot of Eli playing Frisbee with his friends.


It's that time of year again!  The new Pampered Chef catalog will be available 9/1.  Here is a shot of me & my friend, Rhonda, at the Fall Launch in Springfield, Massachusetts.


NEW CATALOG!!!!  Eeek!


Another gorgeous summer evening at Narragansett Beach. I really do think that evening is my favorite time of the day to visit the shore.


Steve's footprints.


Sunset--this was actually the day of the full moon, but we were too tired to stay and watch it rise.


Maddie, goofing around.


My kiddles--man, I love these guys.  Not enough, though, to make sure that Maddie put sunscreen on--that burn on her chest was like a week old.  OUCH.


Now here's a good-looking couple! :)  Eighteen years in, and I'm still crazy about this guy.


Actually, this October will be 20 years from our first day.  Isn't he cute? :)


I love looking at the ocean when it's all dusky out.


Daddy & his little girl (not so little--she just broke the 5'5" mark!


Awww, here's a cute kitty.  Selden sure is a content cat.


Okay, that's it for now.  I promise that eventually I'll be blogging more consistently.  Lots of ideas rolling around in my head.  And of course, once school starts, I'll have to start menu planning again--have I let *that* go over the summer!



1 comment:

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)