Monday, October 28, 2013

Big (Columbus Day) weekend


Columbus Day weekend was a big deal in this house!  Eli turned 17 on the 11th.  SEVENTEEN. What? 

I made him a cake. It was kind of a fail. But it still tasted good.  I tried to make a '17' out of candles, but that didn't really work, either.  Oh, well. 

Eli had some friends over--they played football, basketball, video games, ate tons of pizza, and watched Iron Man 3. 

The birthday boy!


On Sunday, the 13th, Eli was baptized!  My heart is full. We're so proud of the man he's becoming, and so thrilled and grateful that he wanted to take this step in his faith.

Here is Pastor David, saying a few words before the baptism.


Pastor David helped Eli out and read his testimony for him.


In the name of the Father....


I wasn't quick enough to get a photo when he came up out of the water. Such a great moment!!

On Columbus Day, we stuck with tradition, and headed over to the Scituate Art Festival.  We had a glorious New England autumn day.


We met up with friends. I wish they lived closer (an hour is a long drive here in RI!)--the girls would love to see each other more often.

Patience & Katie


I have mentioned how completely gorgeous the weather was, right?


Eli & Patience



Me & the boy


Me & Patience



Maddie & Bethany, who finally found us after doing some shopping on their own.


the girlies


A fun purchase--my New England Patriots bangle!


Just a phenomenal weekend! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)