I've been wanting to try homemade deodorant for a while. First I bought some. Really didn't love the texture of it, although it did a good job controlling late-day funkiness. But it was such a pain to apply (stuff was rock hard), that I passed it on to my daughter. I'm actually not even sure if she's still using it.
Then I tried Tom's of Maine. Great texture, slid right on, but just did NOT do the trick. September is still a warm month here in RI, and I was offending myself a few times by the end of the day.
In frustration, I went back to my Degree Ultra (or whatever it is).
Then, I found this blog post. And thought, what the heck. I've been using coconut oil on my face for a few weeks now, and love it, so why not my underarms? :)
I had to try a couple of different store to find Arrowroot Powder, but everything else was already in my cabinet.
When measuring coconut oil (or honey, or molasses, or shortening, or nut butters), a Measure-All Cup from The Pampered Chef is a must.
I mixed it all up in my 2-cup Easy Read Measuring Cup with my Mini Mix 'N Scraper. I added Tea Tree Oil to mine--I love the scent of Tea Tree Oil (even if my girls say it smells like old people).
And put it all in this cute little mason jar.
I'll be sure to come back and report on how well it works!
No comments:
Post a Comment
C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)