I went to Texas May 13-16 to visit my sister. SO much fun. Her boys were a blast, and it was great to spend time with her.
| Big brothers, Isaac & Luke |
| Baby Judah |
| Me & Christine, inadvertently dressing like twins |
Unfortunately, while I was gone (alone, I might add), the alternator on the car went, Steve got stranded with the kids, and Maddie was diagnosed with a sinus infection.
I arrived home at midnight on the 16th, and by 8am on the 17th, Eli and Patience were throwing up. Welcome home, Mom! So all 3 kids were sick, high fevers, coughs, tummy troubles. Oy!
I had to do Pampered Chef shows on the 17th, 18th, 19th AND 20th. Whew. Then the evening of the 21st, I drove to NH with two fellow directors for a training day that would take place on the 22nd. And the whole time, I'm just praying, "Please don't let me get sick until Tuesday night!", because, you know that it was coming.
Oh no. Early Tuesday morning (after the worst fitful sleep...), I woke up with a fever, chills, body aches. UGH. I made it through the training, with the help of hefty doses of ibuprofen, and crashed once we got home. Wednesday I went to the doctor's, where my lovely GP gave me a prescription. I've been down for the count every since. Chills, fevers, sweats, insane throat pain, ear pain, weakness, shakiness, coughing....lovely. Tomorrow is day 5 of the azithromycin (which I'm allergic to, so I was also battling hay fever for the first two days...). We'll be missing our 3rd week of church. sigh.
Okay, I'm starting to feel lightheaded, so I guess that's my cue to go kick the kids off the couch so that I can lay down.
Oh my goodness, Amanda-you are one busy woman all the time-every time I read your blog! I hope everyone is feeling better now and that school is going well. I'm glad you had a great time with your sister. She's the one that used to be in Canada?
ReplyDeleteLove, Holly