Oh, sorry, did you think that was a happy title? Not so, my friend. We live in a duplex. Our landlady has two boys. Two girls from our street come over to play almost every day. The landlady's youngest boy yells and screams the entire time he's outside (not a happy "I'm playing" yell, but an angry, temper-tantrum type yell, even when he's happy).
The older girl and older boy spent 10 minutes explaining to my children whey they thought my girls' new sandals were ugly and out of fashion.
The older girl and two boys spent an hour playing "wrestling" on a mattress and box spring that my landlady has put out into our postage stamp size yard. They apparently watch WWF and were trying out the moves on each other. I'm just waiting for someone to get really hurt. She is really aggressive, and she wants to wrestle with Eli, and I keep saying no. I need to have a talk with him about being a gentleman, and why we're not allowing him to play with her like that (not to mention, she could probably kick his butt! LOL).
Then the older boy "stole" a birdhouse from the younger girl. My kids were outraged (the girl started crying--I'm not sure how real the tears were), and dragged me into it. I made the boy give it back, and busted my toe on a rock while catching the birdhouse that he tossed to me. The girl didn't thank me.
Now, I have my kids inside, and I get to listen to the other kids play, yell, scream and argue as they play outside of my windows. I just want to send them home, and I can't, because we rent, and the boys actually live in the same house as we do.
It's only June 6th, and they're not even out of school yet......at least the boys will be going to Venezuala to visit their father for 2 months once school is out. I need to start planning LOTS of play dates for my kids--at least our mornings will be busy---we're still doing school!
No comments:
Post a Comment
C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)