Monday, June 18, 2007

Ahh, summer! 'Tis the season for...

bloody noses.

Yep, I am that weird person who is prone to bloody noses, but NOT in the winter when everything is dry.  Give me a nice humid, hot day, and it takes very little provocation for my nose (just the left side, thank you very much) to start spewing like Mt. Vesuvius!  Add to this a bad pollen count, and you have a recipe for disaster.

Take this morning for instance.  I woke early, and decided to go for a walk on this gorgeous, sunny day.  Everyone was asleep, except for Eli, who was already downstairs reading.  It was 5:55am.  SIGH.

I had a great walk, was feeling good--heart was pumping. And then about 100 yards from my home.....(wait for it...), I sneezed!  Thank God I had a tissue with me, because that was all it took.  I got home (sweaty, hot, heart thumping--it's like the recipe for a gusher!), packed my nose, stripped off half my clothes (in an attempt to cool down faster), and put a bag of frozen vegetabes on the back of my neck.  And it still took 20 minutes to get it to stop bleeding.

This has been happening for over 20 years now.  I've had my nose quarterized 4 times, I think.   Maybe it's just my cross to bear.  But if you have any anti-nosebleed suggestions, send them in!  I'll try just about anything at this point!

1 comment:

  1. My dad told us that my Meme told him - when your nose starts to bleed to take a pocket knife and get some of the blood on it and go stick it in the ground in your backyard and it will quit. My dd has sponatneous nose bleeds and we have not tried it with her, but dad did it and he says his stopped.

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)