After a frenzy of cleaning and baking on Christmas Eve day (and ordering Domino's Pizza for dinner!
), I didn't have too much to do on Christmas Day, but still kept pretty busy.The kids loved all of their gifts.
Patience was thrilled with her Little Mommy deluxe set (so THAT was the big, big gift under the tree! LOL).
All three kids are loving their MP3 players. Eli is so happy with his new Legos and Megablocks. The girls have played non-stop with all of their Littlest Pet Shop toys. Maddie is, of course, stylin' in her new Tom Brady jersey.
Patience gave me a story that she wrote, with a handmade card. Maddie wrapped up some mints for me and made me cry, her card was so sweet (Patience's response? "Mom, why didn't you cry when you read MY card?" LOL LOL). Eli made Steve and I a photo frame at Awana.
Steve completely surprised me with a GPS system, and a new desk chair. It is "tres" comfortable!
Steve's big surprise (from me) was a 13" digital tv to go with the Playstation 1 from my parents. He hasn't even had a chance to play a game yet!
I actually got one of my gifts early--my parents bought me a new vacuum cleaner! We needed one so badly--they gave it to me on Sunday so that I'd have plenty of time to clean before the holiday!

My parents came for dinner around noontime. We ate, and then exchanged gifts. Dinner was a spiral cut ham, roasted potatoes, peas & pearl onions, Niblets corn with butter sauce, maple glazed carrots, chunky applesauce & homemade oat dinner rolls. Yu-um!
My poor mom hurt her back rather badly last week, so she took a nap on Eli's bed after we opened gifts. That gave me & the kids a chance to clean up the dinner mess and set up the dessert. We had a spread--chocolate trifle, pumpkin squares, butterscotch fudge, chocolate Oreo truffles, the peppermint sugar cookies, and peanut butter Hershey Kiss cookies! Whew! And my mom made a blueberry cream cheese pie and a raspberry cream cheese pie.
Steve was on call from 4pm-8pm, and did get a call at 3:45. Off he went to East Greenwich. A few minutes after he left (of course), our friends, Tanya & Warren, showed up with their 3 girls. My Uncle Ray & Aunt Phyllis came over, too. It was so nice to get to sit and visit!
Steve was able to stop at home for a few minutes, but he got another call, and this time, he was gone until after 11pm. I had a nice time with Tanya & Warren (mom & dad, and my aunt & uncle left before Steve came home the first time).
A great surprise was hearing from my grade-school friend, Stephanie. We haven't seen each other in years, and she happened to be in town! She came over to see us--I'm so glad she did! We're going to try to go out while she's here--I can't wait!
All in all, a wonderful holiday. It was a treat to be able to stay home, and we were blessed to be able to spend the day with friends & family! I hope everyone reading this had a fantastic day!
that Mem! she knows how to buy 'em!! :) say, did Eli get his book yet? I'm so going to walmart.com....
ReplyDeleteIt was nice to see you, too, Amanda! =)
ReplyDelete