I don't think I mentioned this already, but I FINALLY bought a Kitchen Aid mixer! I've been wanting one for just ages, and they were on sale this week at Kohl's. AND I had a 30% off coupon. So I got a $400 mixer for $175! I'm so excited!
Here's my new baby (the bowl was already in the sink with the other dirty dishes!):
The first thing I made is peppermint/white chocolate cookies. I got the recipe off of the Five in a Row boards . First you mix a tube of Pillsbury sugar cookie dough (I could have used homemade cookie dough, but it was on sale) with 3 tablespoons of flour and 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract. Then roll out the cookies, cut & bake.
When they come out of the oven, melt some white chips on them, like so:
While the chips are melting, chop some peppermint sticks or mints (I used my Pampered Chef Food Chopper--worked like a dream!). Spread the melted chocolate, and sprinkle with the crushed peppermint. Voila!
I was sooo happy when I finally got my Kitchen Aid. I also got mine at Kohl's, well actually, it was my Grandfather who found it. The store ordered too many white ones and they had them on sale for $35. My Grandfather also got a senior discount. I think I remember him saying he got it for $120!!!!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it great?! The recipe book that comes with it also has some great ideas in it.
Hi Amanda! That is a great Christmas present!! Thanks for sharing that recipe-those cookies are adorable. I have to go to the store today-I think I'll pick up some vanilla chips.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!! Love, Holly