Monday, September 21, 2009

American Idol Live!

My friend, Julie, and I watched the entire American Idol Season 8 together this past winter/spring.  So it only made sense to go see the live tour when they came to Providence last weekend!  Julie's mom drove up from New Jersey, and we all headed to the Dunkin Donuts Center to see our favorite Idols!

Julie and I--all excited for the concert to start!



Scott McIntyre--what a talented and funny guy!



Here's Anoop Desai--Julie's mom was SO excited! LOL




Matt Giraud did really well--I think I enjoyed him more in concert than I did on the show.



Having so much fun!



Dueling pianos--LOVED it!





Here's Allison--she's a lot of fun to watch, but a little hard to understand.  Incredible stage presence for a teenager, though!



Danny Gokey--he really has stepped up his game since the show, and did really well!  I think he has a great voice, but every song kind of sounds the same, y'know?  Not that that's a really bad thing--I mean, you know you're hearing a Danny Gokey song.  I like him well enough, but have to say, www.ew.com 's "Put the Go in Gokey" campaign during the show was HILARIOUS.



Sigh, my favorite--Kris Allen.  I was so happy that he won!








It was a really fun night, and my mom was totally cool to babysit for me!  Thanks, Mom!

4 comments:

  1. Kris is my favorite too. :)

    thanks for the pictures, it looks like a ton of fun.

    you're so lucky you got to go!

    I want to see So you think you can dance on tour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot support this post. This show is the anti-christ.


    All kidding aside, it looks like it was a good time. I think Kelly Clarkson should have won. Yup :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stuce, you are such a dork. Kelly Clarkson did win, way back in the Dark Ages. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...your pics here make it look like such fun!!! I enjoyed them w/o knowing who any of those folks were. :-)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)