Monday, September 21, 2009

Make new friends but keep the old....

You remember that song from Girl Scouts, right?  Well, thanks to Facebook, I've been able to reconnect with a really special family that I grew up hanging out with.  We went to church and school together (our church had an ACE church school), and our families hung out together often.

--

Heather is the oldest, and I loved hanging out with her as a kid.  She's a few years older than me, and she was (and is!) SO cool. :)  Mike comes next--I had a HUGE crush on him for a few years, and we "went out" (you know, when you go out but don't go anywhere LOL) for a bit.  Then there's Amanda.  A few years younger than me, and such a sweetheart.  Then Josh, then Megan.  They were more than a few years younger than me, so I didn't hang out with them as much.

--

Anyway, Megan got married on Labor Day weekend.  And all of the kids were back in RI for the big event.  Heather came up from FL with her girls, Mike and Amanda came down from ME--I got to meet Amanda's husband Wyatt, and their two kids.  Josh and Megan still live in RI. 

--

It was decided (on Facebook) that a get-together would be held at Miller's Crossing, a local watering hole here on the Warwick/Cranston line.  Josh works there, so it just made sense.  Here are some pics of the night--it was so much fun getting to talk and joke with everyone.

Me & the bride-to-be



Sisters....Heather, Amanda & Megan



Mike & Josh



Mike does a magic trick



Me & Heather



The next day was the wedding.  I had permission from Megan to crash the reception. *big grin*  But I had to teach Sunday School, then get the kids home, THEN go and get a card...I was a little late getting there.  Mike & Amanda's husband, Wyatt, had already headed back to ME on their motorcycles, so I missed seeing them.  On the bright side, though, I got to take Wyatt's seat at the head table. :)  It was so much fun--my parents were there, along with some other friends that I hadn't seen in a long time.

Wedding cake, anyone?



My dad with Amanda



My parents



Heather and Amanda cutting a rug



I love their bridesmaids dresses, don't you?

It was just so great to see these old friends of mine.  I'm so glad we've reconnected!

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)