Thursday, June 23, 2011

Spoke too soon

For the first 45 hours after Eli's surgery, he was a champ. Eating, drinking, talking, taking meds...Pfft...I thought, this is a piece of cake. He's breezing through recovery.

And then the vomiting began. This morning at 7:50am. He has kept absolutely nothing down. He's weak, shaky, flushed...my heart is breaking for him.

So now my 14 year old son is on Zofran. You know, the drug they give cancer patients who are going through chemo, or pregnant women who have horrific morning sickness.

He took the first dose about 20 minutes ago. He's resting on the couch with a cool cloth on his forehead and the lights off & shades drawn.

I'm really not sure how long to wait before I try and get some fluids into him. And then he has to eat something, because I can't give him any pain meds until he eats. It's been 8 1/2 hours since he's had pain meds. I feel so bad--I know his throat is hurting so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)