Sunday, June 26, 2011

Update on Eli

So.
I ended up calling the doctor, and they prescribed Zofran for him. Yes, the drug they give chemo patients and expectant moms who can't stop tossing their cookies.

And it is a miracle drug. He stopped throwing up immediately, and was eating and drinking within an hour. *huge sigh of relief*

He's off of the Vicodin now. We have like, a half-dose left, and are saving it for a rainy day, um, I mean an emergency. He's now on alternating Tylenol/Motrin every two hours.

I will be so happy when he's all recovered. Perhaps not as happy as he will be, but pretty close. As it is, I've told him that it's time to suck it up a bit, and he has to get up and get his own iced water. I'm a monster, I know.

Anyway, we're home from church today--air show going on in North Kingstown makes for crazy traffic near our church, and Eli's still feeling bleehhhh, so it seemed like a good choice. I have to bring dinner to a friend who just had a baby--Italian bread is in the bread machine, cake has been baked to make a trifle, and I'll put a lasagna together in a bit.

Oh, and I turned 37 yesterday. It was a pretty good day--I bought Patience a Happy Meal and Eli a Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Steve and I went to Johnny Rockets for dinner--huge disappointment, but at least we know now not to go back there. The food was okay, but it was cold and loud, and they never did play the Herman's Hermits song I requested on the jukebox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)