Technically, the dental woes started last night, but I liked the alliteration. :)
As hard as I'm finding this to believe, I never mentioned on this blog that I had a root canal done in August. Lower left jaw, 2nd tooth from the back---it had been filled a couple of times, and was just so sensitive to cold foods that the dentist agreed that a root canal was the way to go.
A pause to consider how stressed out I get about the dentist. How stressed, you ask? A lot. Like, take a Vicodin before hand, stressed.
But the folks at the endodontic center were fantastic, and I came though with flying colors and a temporary filling.
About 6 weeks later, I went to my regular dentist to get a permanent filling put in, because my dental insurance wouldn't cover the crown until 2012. "No problem," they said, "just come in January for your regular cleaning, and we'll schedule the crown then!" I was assured that the filling would be more than sufficient until the new year.
January came. I went in for my cleaning (ugh, I have a teeny cavity that they're insisting on filling), and we scheduled the crown for 2/23. Oh, yay.
Fast forward to last night, when my family and I were noshing on the cute Valentine's Day cookies I had made.
Have you ever bitten down (bit down??) on an unpopped kernel of corn? Because that's what it felt like.
But it wasn't a piece of popcorn. It was a PIECE OF MY TOOTH. Which I promptly swallowed. Sigh.
I'm sure it's just a tiny piece of the enamel. If FEELS like I have a hole the size of the Grand Canyon that actually goes straight through to China, it is so big and deep.
GAH, I can't believe this happened 8 days before the crown was supposed to go on, While I was eating a SUGAR COOKIE! Gah!!!!!
So the dental office moved my appointment to tomorrow, and I have to be there at 3pm. I have no idea what will have to be done before they can put the crown on. I'm not a happy camper. But I am relieved that I don't have to wait until next week to have it looked at. And, I'm not in any pain, because it's the tooth that had the root canal.
**********************************
On to Wednesday's news.
My Maddie-girl is getting glasses! Up until last year, she had 20/20 vision. But a couple of weeks ago, we were in church, and she wasn't singing. I asked why, and she said, "I can't read the words on the projector screen." Whoops....back to the eye doctor we went, even though it hasn't been a full year since her last visit. And yes, her eyesight has deteriorated a bit. Not bad, just to 20/40, but enough to need glasses. We picked out a super cute pair of frames.
Oh, and a bit of a brag on Maddie--she's been taking piano lessons for 15 months, and is finishing the book that took Patience two years to finish. She LOVES playing the piano, and I'm so thrilled that she is doing so well.
I guess that's about it for today. Time for pajamas and a piece of lemon-cherry crumble cake, which I will slowly chew on only the right side of my mouth. Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment
C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)