So, the fact is, I don't usually do much for holidays like this. I mean, Steve and I exchange cards, and sometimes gifts, and occasionally go to dinner or the movies on Valentine's Day, but that's about it. I guess when the kids were little we put up decorations and stuff, but I don't usually do things like that now. I'm such a bad homeschooling mommy. :)
But today, I thought it would be fun to surprise Steve with Valentine's cookies. I've had this cookie cutter forever; I just hadn't used it yet.
I used a Wilton's sugar cookie recipe--really easy, and it doesn't need to chill.
Now, pretend to hold on for a minute while I run to the store to buy Karo Syrup---which Maddie realized after the fact, we already had. SIGH.
Maddie was my super-duper helper, filling in the hearts, after I piped the outline onto them.
Please, please, do not make fun of my 'icing-writing' capabilities. At least they're readable. (Note that I actually write with a RI accent--see the cookie in the lower left hand corner. LOL)
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!
Good thing I'm not there. I love cookies and I could eat a whole plate.
ReplyDeleteThose are super-ridiculously cute. :) Happy Valentine's Day! xoxo
ReplyDeleteThanks, Amanda!
ReplyDeleteKaren, I'll save you a cookie. ;)
No, because then I'd feel obligated to eat it. Did Steve like them?
ReplyDeleteYes, he did! :)
ReplyDeleteSuper cute!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kathy!
ReplyDelete