Thursday, September 19, 2013

Other happenings in the last month

We started school. Eli (here studying Spanish vocab words) and Maddie started in August. Patience held out for September.


The building that houses the salon that I usually go to for pedicures had a fire. It's right around the corner, so Steve and I took a walk to check things out. It might be months before they open again.


I made homemade chocolate ice cream....



because the boy had his wisdom teeth out.

Poor guy. He does pretty well waking up from anesthesia, but it was a bit rough this time.


Frozen peas to the rescue!


We ate jam that my friend, Amy, made. 


The cats went to the vet for their check up.


Eli got his license!!!



I made zucchini noodles with my awesome spiral slicer


Awesome, huh?


Mmmm!


I made more ice cream.  I think this was maple.


Eli felt well enough to give me a slightly dirty look for taking is picture AGAIN.


I read this book. Two thumbs up, even though the ending wrapped up a little too conveniently for my taste.


I donated blood. It saves 3 lives, you know!


I read this book. Two thumbs down.  The main character is a pill. I've stayed with it for 7 books, but I think I'm done with this series.


I hung out with my girlies.


Maddie made me learn how to do this braid in her hair.


We made a ton of brownies for the church's Family Fair.


I took a bike ride with Eli. (This was taken during a water break.)


I kicked a cat out of my seat on the couch.


I took the kids to the beach on a 90-degree September day.


Throw piano lessons, doctor appointments, Maddie babysitting, church, and a million errands, and it's been a very busy few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)