When I started this blog, I was all excited about losing some weight for the cruise. Well, between the move and life, it didn't happen. I lost about 5 lbs, which I've kept off, but that's it. Still the same size, still the same squishy stomach.
Well, we now have only 10 "sleeps" until we leave, and I had to go shopping. I went to Kohl's, because they were having huge sales.
Shopping for clothes literally makes me nauseous. I'm so chubby around the middle--the rest of me is pretty normal, but that stomach! I'll see an outfit (in tonight's case, a dress) that I think, "Wow, that looks like it would be flattering!". I pull the extra large off of the rack and go to the dressing room. I try on what looks like an adequate size and inevitably, it's tight. Or very unflattering.
Anyway, I ended up getting a pair of sneaker (desperately needed), a pair of flip-flops, a pair of pajamas, a nightie, one regular tank top, two spaghetti-strap tank tops (very cute, but I'm so confused. WHAT do you wear under those things? I get the whole "bra straps showing" thing, but my bra straps are not cute, skinny straps. I ended up buying a strapless to wear under the tank tops--not sure if I was supposed to do that; I mean, they have built-in shelf bras, but that's just not going to cut it!).
I tried on shorts and a skirt...just call me Shamu. I feel like I need to ride my exercise bike until its time to board the plane. Let's just hope this feeling of nausea and self-loathing helps me lose a couple more pounds in the next 9 days.
ON THE BRIGHT SIDE......
I pre-registered for the cruise on-line! We have our "Sea Pass" or whatever its called. And Steve and I decided what off-shore activities we will be participating in. We're going on the Key West 'Crazy Boat', an insane 45 minute boat ride that requires padded, belted seats with shock absorbers!!! Woo Hoo!
Then in Playa del Carmen, we're going to go snorkeling. I've never been--its supposed to be beautiful.
Have a wonderful trip!! Just go and have fun with Steve. :)
ReplyDelete