Saturday, April 29, 2006

Countdown: 4 days, 11 hours

Just a quick post--life is pretty hectic here. Can't imagine why! LOL 
  
The kids and I are getting back into a quasi-routine for school.  It's pretty bare-bones.  We went on a field trip to the RI Mounted Police stables last week, which was great.  We're getting math & phonics done on a regular basis, as well as working on our current read-aloud "On the Far Side of the Mountain" by Jean Craighead George. 


  
Maddie is just about done with Explode the Code book 5.  I still need to order book #6.  She & Eli are plugging along in their math.  Patience is just zipping along in ETC #3 and her first grade math. 
  
It's just about time to start packing for the cruise.  Our "free" vacation is, of course, already costing some $$.  Steve and I both needed new sneakers, plus some shirts & shorts.  I just got most of the toiletries we'll need today at Wally World (or The Evil Empire as Steve calls it). 
  
I'm still wrapping up most of the child-care arrangements for the kids.  It looks like now we'll be dropping all of them off on Wednesday night.  My mom is taking us to the airport Thursday morning. 
  
We've decided what shore excursions we want to do: in Key West we'll be enjoying the Key West Crazy Boat, apparently a roller coaster, but on the water!  Should be fun.  At Playa del Carmen, we're going to go reef snorkeling; neither of us has ever gone--Steve is the one who really wanted to do this. 
  
Off to make some more phone calls!

1 comment:

  1. kindredspiritMomMay 9, 2006 at 7:46 PM

    How cool to have an "almost" free vacation. I hope you have a great time. I hope you enjoy reading the "Homeschool Methods" book too ~ I feel responsible now that you bought it! I just enjoyed getting so many different perspectives.

    Have a great week!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)