When I was little, I used to interpret for my sister, Christine. My parents wouldn't have a clue what she wanted or what she was saying, yet I would.
Fast forward to today: we're sitting in the living room, working on history notebooks, and eating baby carrots with peanut butter.
Madeline: "Y'know that thing besides lettuce?"
Me: "Huh?"
Madeline: "You know, the thing besides lettuce?" (she holds up her hands about a foot apart)
Patience: "Oh, celery!"
Madeline: "Yes, that's it! Celery!"
Me: "What just...? How did you...?"
Cracks me up to see them on the same wavelength!
That is so funny, Amanda! I enjoyed reading the last few posts of yours and catching up-sounds like you all got a great start to the school year. Holly
ReplyDeleteYou have been chosen as the Random Blogger of the week! You can check it out on the HSB Company Blog.
ReplyDeleteYou will be contacted on how to receive your prize.
Tia Linschied
Senior Editor of HSB
I had to laugh at your "Like mother, like daughter" post. I have 2 daughters and one is exactly like me and I am amazed at how history repeats itself. I can practically read her mind sometimes. Now the other one is much like her father and I will say I have no idea what goes on in her mind! But she sure does keep life interesting.
ReplyDeleteSeeking Him,
Missy