And you thought I just hadn't been blogging because we had the cable turned on!!! For shame!
LOL Actually, we had an insanely busy weekend! It started on Friday with a homeschool play date at Wilson Park. Lots of fun--we met new friends, saw old friends, and got to know some a little better. Great because Eli had boys to play with!
After the park, we ran to Staples, and then hung out at my friend Amy's home for a little bit. Then it was off to Jamestown, to meet church friends at Beavertail. So much fun--the kids had a blast--and....drumroll, please.....I think I got our Christmas card picture!!! Woo hoo!
Saturday we had a birthday party to attend for our friend Alex, who turned 9. So of course, I had to run out for a birthday card! After lunch we headed to the party. Great food, great conversation, and a Darth Vader cake. What more could you want?
Unfortunately, relaxation did not happen once we were home. Our pastor and his wife & daughter were coming for dinner the next day, and the house was a mess. I also had to go grocery shopping. I dropped into bed at about 12:30am. And woke up at 4am, when Steve got up to go do the paper route! I figured that I might as well get up, so I cleaned the school room and did 4 loads of laundry. I went back to sleep around 6am.
Church was at 10:30--we're back in our regular building (we meet at a school, but the school was re-roofed over the summer, so we were at a different school!). We raced home, stopping for Italian bread on the way. The menu? Curly Pasta & Chicken Toss for the meal with Gingered Apple & Peach Crisp for dessert. Yum! It was a wonderful time of fellowship and getting to know this family. They left around 6pm, and I promptly had to go back to the grocery store to get supplies for the cookout we attended on Monday!
Every Fourth of July and Labor Day, a wonderful woman from our church opens her home (and inground swimming pool!) for a church cookout. Her husband passed away last spring, so this is her first summer without him. The cookouts were still held, and were just fantastic times with our church family. Yesterday was a blast. My girls spent at least 6 hours in the pool!! We were home by around 8pm.
| Maddie and a friend |
| No floaties!! |
| Patience swimming in the deep end--way to go! |
I'm just exhausted, but we managed to get errands (including haircuts!) done and a bit of schoolwork as well. The girls and I finished rowing "A Pair of Red Clogs" and we started the chapter of our astronomy course on Mercury. And they all got math done! Not a bad day at all.
Tomorrow Steve has a doctor's appointment, and then we'll go have dinner at my mom's. I also have a homeschool meeting tomorrow night (at Gregg's, home of the best desserts in the world!).
hi! thanks for adding me to your friends list; i've added you to mine as well.
ReplyDelete:)
I am tired from just reading your post Amanda! :-)
ReplyDelete