Friday, May 2, 2008

Getting ready for the weekend

Well, May is finally here.  It's Help Whip Cancer month at The Pampered Chef.  I'm happy to send you my website link if you leave me a comment, but I'm not allowed to post a link on my blog.  Company rules.

We're also holding a celebrity auction.  You can go right to www.pamperedchef.com to check that out.  Pink gloves signed by Oprah Winfrey, Jennifer Garner, Sharon Stone, and more.  Pretty cool!

Tonight I have a show at a bar.  Yep, you read that right.  Apparently the host used to work there, and they have a back room that we can use.  Should be a good time. 

I'm coming home to an empty house, though.  The girls are sleeping over their friends' house, and Eli will be at one of his friends' homes, BECAUSE, Steve has to work at Toys R Us tonight, and he'll have to leave before I get home.  Sigh.  He's doing an overnight, then he has softball practice tomorrow morning.  So I get to run around and pick all of the kids up, too.

Tomorrow night, I have a show at a church.  Yep, I'm covering all of my bases this weekend.  LOL

Then Sunday, Steve and I will be teaching the 3-5 year old Sunday School class for the first time.  Yikes.  There's a few wild ones in that class. LOL  And we're having some friends over for dinner, which should be really fun.

Except that I haven't been able to find time to go grocery shopping yet!  I'll either go tonight after my show, or tomorrow morning.  I'm making Lemon Chicken Stir Fry for dinner, and a Chocolate Caramel Trifle for dessert.  I may also make some Jerk Chicken Nachos and Short Stack Cookies (taste like maple-y pancakes) for later in the day.  We'll see.

Okay, off to put on some make-up and a clean shirt!

1 comment:

  1. so what did Patience do that got you so despairing that she'll never be nice? I did some pretty mean things when I was young - I was imaginatively very vindictive...I just lacked the balls to execute it. :)


    der, it's me.

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)