That's the sound you hear, me with a sore throat and post-nasal drip. It started hitting me on Friday, and I'm not really "sick" sick, but still feeling pretty crummy.
Sue is coming over to walk this morning--hope I can keep up! Of course, there's no rest for mama when she doesn't feel good--I still have to go to the post office, bank, possibly library, and get school done with the kids. Sue and I will do a kid swap after walking, so I'll go get Eli from her house later, too. Sure wish I could take a nap. Of course, I could go to bed early, but there's a new episode of "Deadliest Catch" on tonight! :)
It was a busy weekend! Friday night, I had a show at my friend Bobbi's home. Always a good time. I ended up staying until 11pm (sorry, Bobbi!)--good thing she only lives 10 minutes away.
Saturday morning, Steve had softball practice, followed by a make-up game. Since we're trying to conserve as much gasoline as possible, the kids and I went with him to practice, so that we didn't have to take two cars. It was a heart-breaker---we lost by one run, and Steve still didn't get on base. :(
Saturday afternoon, we took a family bike ride--we are loving having bikes. Of course, this is the first time that we've gone out, all 5 of us, and Steve noticed that my bike needed air in the tires. I guess the tires are supposed to have 40 lbs. of pressure, and mine only had 10-15! Yikes! I haven't been able to get out riding since he put more air in them, but it should be MUCH easier to ride! LOL Maddie consoled me by saying that I was getting a much better workout with less air in the tires!
My good friend & Scrabble buddy, Linette, graduated from Rhode Island College--with HONORS, mind you-- and her party was Saturday evening. Great food, a great band (but LOUD)--Steve and I had a good time. I saw quite a few friends that I hadn't seen in a while, which is always fun!
Sunday morning was our 2nd time teaching the 3-5 year old Sunday School class. We teach every other week. The class can have as many as 14 kids--they're quite a group! We only had 11 this week--we learned about how God provides water for us. It was a lot of fun.
Sunday afternoon, we had lunch at our friends Gina & Dave's house. Their water heater needs to be replaced, so Steve took a look at it. He's one handy guy, that husbad of mine! Once we were home, I collapsed on the couch. A sore throat never keeps me from being chatty (I'm sure you're all shocked), and I always regret it afterward!
Yesterday was the first day of the Scholastic book sale in our area. I got some good deals--a telescope for $8 (the kids are having so much fun with it, I may go back and buy 2 more, so that they each have their own), some books, some Christmas gifts. I was psyched that the sale was just down the road from us. The last time I went to one of these sales, it was an hour away in Massachusetts!
Last night was another church softball game where...(drumroll, please!!!) Steve got on base not once, but THREE times! And ran in 2 runs!!! WOO HOO! The dry spell is over! He was so pleased. AND we won. Usually when the team wins, we'll all go out for ice cream, but honestly, it's still too cold! It was only 55 degrees when the game ended. We did bring the kids to McDonald's for a $1 sundae. Quite the celebration. :)
This week is gearing up to be as busy as the weekend was. Steve is still working part-time at Toys R Us, and he has some funny shifts coming up at Roto Rooter. I'm signing on some new consultants (yay!), and I'm going to a Party-Lite candle party at my friend Eileen's house on Thursday night. BUT, I don't have any shows, so hopefully I'll have time to rest & recuperate!
start playing on our Church's softball team. It's the first time he's played in about 5 years. He's a little nervous b/c he doesn't know if his body still knows how to play. To be on the safe side, he told them to just put him in right field until he figures out if he still has any skills and that way if he does, they will be pleasantly surprised but not expect too much from him if he doesn't. Funny character trait of men:) Glad to hear your hubby and his team had a good time!
ReplyDeleteHope your throat feels better sooner than later!
-Jennifer