Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hey sailor, goin' my way?

Yesterday was a day full of errands.  After getting school work done in the morning (and a fair amount of work myself), we headed out.

First the bank--Steve did a job for his brother on Saturday, and Bob's landlord paid Steve with a check.  And I did 2 Pampered Chef shows this weekend. 

Then the post office.  I had 2 host kits to mail.  The lady in front of me was mailing about a gazillion packages.  I told the clerk it was like a clown car box--I didn't think we'd ever see the bottom of it! 

Then the library.  Or that was where I was headed when I heard BAM, whump, whump, whump, whump!

I pulled over, and the left rear tire was as flat as flat could be.  I called Steve, who was on standby, and he came--we were only about 4 miles from our house.  He was going to see if he could fix the tire, but it was completely blown out.  And we don't have a spare tire (we bought the car used, and it didn't have one when we bought it).  So I had to call AAA, while Steve made 2 trips in the Roto Rooter van to bring the kids home.

I told AAA that we didn't have a spare, and that I needed to get the car to my house.  They sent a tow truck, which was useless, because with the flat, that car couldn't be towed.  So that guy left, and I waited another 45 minutes for the flatbed truck to arrive.  Two hours after I heard BAM, I was finally home. 

Steve brought the tire to Sears.  An hour and fifteen minutes later, he had the new tire on my car.  While I waited, I drove the Roto Rooter van to the library. :) 

I did miss a meeting that I was supposed to attend, but what could I do?  All in all, we were pretty blessed--I had driven 70 miles to and from my Pampered Chef show on Sunday, and it hadn't gone flat then.  And, I thought that I was going to have to drive to Hope Valley yesterday (about 35 minutes south of us), but didn't end up going, so the tire didn't blow on the highway.  And it wasn't raining or snowing.  And Steve was able to come right away.  God was definitely looking out for us! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)