Wow, this month flew by. I'm going to have to look at my calendar--I know we were busy, but as usual, I have trouble remembering what I did this morning, nevermind a month ago.
--
So, let's see, as far as I can remember, this is how the month went:
1st: Great morning at church, even more fun that afternoon at our friends' home for lunch.
2nd: School day! We got a bunch of snow--Patience said, "What's a snow day?", and I knew that I'm doing an okay job with her. LOL I had a conference call that night.
3rd: My Maddie girl turned 11! I can hardly believe that she is that old. She is such a blessing.
Eli got an allergy shot in the morning, and Patience had piano in the afternoon. Then the festivities could begin. Here is a picture of the birthday cake Maddie and I made together.
She has been begging me for several years to make this cake. It's in a decorating book we've had for a while. My friend Julie came over for dinner (Sloppy Joes & orange macaroni salad), cake & ice cream. Then we made the kids go upstairs, and we watched Idol. :)
4th: Regular school day as far as the calendar shows. :)
5th: Co-op from 9-12. Always a good time.
8th: Taught Sunday School--those 3-5 year olds crack me up! Then I had a Pampered Chef show in Johnston. Beautiful home, and a fun bunch of ladies.
9th: Lots of errands--If I've worked over the weekend, Monday's always include a post office & bank run.
10th: Eli's allergy shot in the morning, Patience's piano lesson in the afternoon. Julie over for dinner to watch Idol. :)
11th: Crazy day. Brought Patience to the doctor--she had been having headaches all week. Ended up being a double ear infection. Did the CVS run for antibiotics. Tried to get the kids to do school work. Then I had a Pampered Chef meeting in the evening. We had a great time. On the way home (thinking that the Idol results show had been on at 8), I called Julie to see what had happened, and she said, "It doesn't start until 9! C'mon over!". I called Steve to make sure it was okay, and Patience answered the phone! I felt bad about not rushing home to her, but Steve had the situation under control (kind of). After Idol, I had to race home, and sit with the pookah-pie with my hand on her forehead, until she fell asleep.
12th: Co-op 9-12. Really fun playdate at my friend Amy's.
13th: I closed 2 Pampered Chef shows. Was supposed to have a Used Curriculum Sale Committee meeting, but that was postponed.
14th: Did a show in North Providence. Tons of fun. Made a Chicken Satay Pasta Salad--YUM.
15th: Went to church. Raced to Fall River, MA, to do a show. Lots of fun; home by 6:30pm.
16th: Ahh, this was the day that I got the flat tire. I missed the Director's meeting that I was supposed to have that night. Ended up being okay with me, because I was BEAT after waiting 2 hours for AAA to show up. (I had to go into a bar to use the bathroom! Such excitement!)
(In an around all of this excitement, was the hassle of getting my computer fixed. It kept crashing --blue screen of death and all--but Staples coundn't find anything wrong with it. A $75 dianostic fee and $150 worth of extra memory, and it's been fine since.)
17th: Happy Saint Patrick's Day! I didn't wear green. Eli had an allergy shot in the morning, Patience had piano practice in the afternoon (are you seeing a pattern here?) Julie came over for Idol. (For those of you wondering who I like--Love Kris Allen, can't stand Twitchy--I mean, Megan Joy, love Allison, Matt is great, Lil' Rounds has got one heck of a voice, Danny's okay, really don't like Adam, although I can appreciate his talent, Scott is great, but don't think he'll go too much further, Anoop has a beautiful voice--am I missing anyone?)
18th: Had the rescheduled UCSC meeting. It was at my friend Christine's home--the kids had so much fun playing! I think I ended up going to Julie's for the Idol results show, but I can't remember!
19th: co-op 9-12
20th: Steve's day off! We went and had our taxes done, then I took the kids to the Westbay Chapter meeting at the library.
21st: Steve was pulling his long weekend (work all night Friday night, work all day Saturday, work all Saturday night). My dad took the kids, so that I could go to a Methodist church (my best friend Kathy attends there) and do a shop & spa day with the ladies. I set up a PC table, and the ladies got to shop! Then Kathy, her two kids and I went out to lunch at Gregg's! MMMMMmmmm, love those pickles!
22nd: Taught Sunday School. Had two new little girls in the class, and cracked up to find out that their mom and I are both good friends with my friend, Susanna! Much hilarity ensued.
24th: I thought Eli had an orthodontist appointment--thank God I checked before dragging him there--I was off by 2 weeks. Patience had piano in the afternoon, and I had a show in Pawtucket that evening. It's always fun to do shows with a group of women that I've worked with before.
25th: Eli had his allergy shot at 10:30. We cooked and cleaned, and then 4 of the teenage boys from co-op came over to watch Spartacus with us. Three of them liked it, one of them thought it was boring. Oh well. I fed them well. Those boys polished off almost an entire batch of cookies. Idol was on Wednesday/Thursday this week, so Julie brought tacos over for dinner. YUM.
26th: Co-op 9-12. One of the co-op moms, Lisa, invited us over for lunch at her home in Jamestown. Gorgeous house, great back yard. I brought orange macaroni salad and cookies. We had a really nice visit. Eli gets along well with her son, Caleb, so we're going to make an effort to keep that friendship going. Julie wanted leftover macaroni salad, so she came over to watch the Idol results that night.
27th: Sue C. set up a great field trip to "Meet the Mayor" of Warwick, Scott Avedisian. He was so nice. He spent TWO HOURS with us, answering questions, and it really was fabulous.
He talked longer than I had anticipated, and I was supposed to meet my friend, Rose, at my house for lunch. Poor thing. She waited for an hour for us to arrive. Sue followed me to the car place--we had to get a new windshield put on our car, then brought me and the kids home. They stayed for lunch as well, and then Maddie went to Sue's house to sleep over, and Rose brought me to pick up my car.
28th: I ran to the grocery store & picked up Maddie from Sue's in the morning. I had to bake a cake for the show I had that afternoon in Warwick. I ran to the store after my show, and was home by 6:30. Made dinner for the kids and that was it for the day.
29th. Church in the morning. Bob spoke--I always like his take on things. Then we had John, Kim & their girls over for lunch--always so much fun. We ate, talked, laughed, then ate some more. :) They left around 5:30. We decided to just chill out and watch some TV. Our indoor cat (Selden) walked in front of me, spooked, jumped straight up into the air, and landed on my foot, that he proceeded to scratch as he took off like a bat out of hell. AUGHH. So now, in addition to the plantar fasciitis I've been suffering from (oh, my aching heels!), I have a camoflauge band-aid on the middle toe of my left foot.
30th: Today was rainy & dreary. My landlady showed up, needing to use our bathroom (???) just as I was getting out of the shower at 10:15am. Classy, I know. Patience was still in her pajamas. Oh yes, we're a model homeschooling family. Sigh.
After lunch (we're reading Little Pilgrim's Progress), Maddie and I went to the bank, post office and library. The kids played while I chilled out for a while (okay, OKAY, I was watching 'The Real Housewives of New York CIty'--there, I said it out loud), then I threw together dinner and a customer of mine came over to get some cookbooks. Now I'm putting the kids to bed.
Tomorrow Eli has an allergy shot, and Patience has piano, and Julie will come for dinner and to watch Idol. Just a regular Tuesday in the Towne House. :)

Whew! Busy month! :-) Mines been busy too. All good but so busy!
ReplyDeleteHope April is as fun!
Ronette
::applauds::
ReplyDeleteYes. I still pat myself on the back for your friendship with Laurie. Even across the country, I make things happen. That's right. :)
ReplyDelete