Monday, February 22, 2010

Dad's 60th birthday/retirement party

I'm in complete denial that it is 2/22, and it's been almost a month since I've blogged.  I can't possibly be that disorganized, can I?  Don't answer that.

Okay, so on 1/18/10, we had a big surprise birthday/retirement bash for my dad.  To give a little background, though, I'll go back to 1/4/10, a day that I woke up, sick as a dog, with what I thought was a sinus infection.  While trying to rest, my mother called and said the following:

"Well, I've decided that we ARE going to have a party for your dad.  It's the 18th.  Can you mail out all of the invitations?"

And so, although I felt like I had been rode hard and put away wet (that's a horse racing analogy, get your mind out of the gutter!), I stayed up until 11pm, working on invitations.  And the next morning, before going to the doctor, I stood in line at the post office to mail out invitations to almost 200 guests.  My mom I'm completely willing to help out.  My sister?  She totally owes me for living close enough to help, while she gets out of doing stuff like this.

-

Over the next 2 weeks, I answered inquiries about the party, confirmed head counts, ordered the cakes, etc.  Oh, and got well, with the help of my friend, the z-pack. :)

-

I cannot even express how surprised my dad was.  We TOTALLY pulled off the surprise!  We had just over 100 guests, and everyone had a great time!



Didn't the cake come out great?  Loved it!  If you live in the RI area, you can contact Faythe to make your cake!



Maddie, consenting to have her pictures taken with Eli



Great photoshopping courtesy of friends



The look on my dad's face was priceless--he was SO surprised!



My dad & Uncle Ferman



My cousin Jay & his fabulous wife, Chrystal



Me & my honey



Eli with his cousins, J.J. & Ryan



Mom & Dad, cutting their birthay cakes (Mom's birthday is the day before Dad's)




Eli & Patience






Me & my dad



It was such a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)