Monday, February 22, 2010

Other odds and ends from February

When I had last posted in January, I was sick.  I got the most awful head-cold--it really was bad.  But, thankfully, short-lived. 

Friends of ours had a baby in January, and we were able to bring them dinner early in February--what a cute new baby.  I got  to hold him for a while.

I've been using my bread machine all month!  It really tastes great.  Soon I'm going to be experimenting with the dough cycle.





I've made whole wheat, Italian, and oatmeal bread so far. :)

Two of my & Steve's favorite shows are back on the air: Psych & Burn Notice on the USA network.  Only problem is that their on at 10pm, and some nights we're just too tired to stay up until 11pm.  Well, I'm usually okay, but this is what Steve does almost every night:



He NEVER believes me when I tell him that he's falling asleep, so I took this picture.

We, of course, watched the Super Bowl this year.  Here's Patience trying to hide under a blanket on the couch--



I was personally disappointed that Peyton didn't get his 2nd Super Bowl ring, but it was a great game!

Our car is still on the road!  I had posted before about how blessed we were that it only cost $80 to fix it in January.  Well, the next week, the same problem occurred.  Thank God, Steve didn't get stuck somewhere, and the mechanic towed it right back and fixed the problem at no charge to us.  Whew! 

I had just started getting good at my hula hoop when I got sick, AGAIN.  I ended up with strep throat, and quite frankly, thought I was dying.  I haven't been THAT sick in a long time.  I hate being so susceptible to strep, because I always seem to catch it when it comes around.  Patience caught a cold after me, and now Eli is sick, but at least they aren't very ill.

-

We're so sad that our friends, John, Kim & their two daughters, will be moving to Virginia at the end of this week.  John is in the Navy, and well, duty calls.  We've been so blessed to have this family in our lives for the last 2 years.  It really is so difficult to find a family where everyone gets along with everyone.  We've had so much fun fellowshipping with them.  They were able to come over yesterday and spend the day with us (hopefully we didn't cut too much into their packing time!).  We're looking forward to being able to go down to VA to visit them in the future.

All of the kids together:



Thank God for technology--at least with long-distance calling plans, Facebook & email, we'll be able to stay in touch!



We'll be praying that God blesses them richly in their new home!




-

March is almost here!  Maddie turns 12 NEXT WEEK!  When did THAT happen??  Look for my post--she's getting her ears pierced! :)

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)