My sister made a super-quick trip to RI last weekend. I'm sure I was just hormonal, but man, I hate that she lives so far away. :(
Eli spent the weekend down at my mom and dad's house, to get maximum time with his cousins. Eli misses them so much--he was absolutely on the edge of his seat waiting for their arrival!
Eli with his Matante Christine. He loves her so much. She was around a lot more when he was little (she went away to school, and then moved to Canada when the girls were young), so I think they have a special bond.
Christine with son #2, Luke (age 7). He insisted that he "doesn't like smiling."
This is my oldest nephew, Isaac (age 9). HE doesn't have any issues with smiling!
Here I am with Luke--that's almost a smile!
Christine, goofing around with Patience. Love that look.
Here we go! Beautiful smiles!
(We're in my parents' 3-season room--it's so nice out there!)
(We're in my parents' 3-season room--it's so nice out there!)
Luke didn't know I was taking a picture. Heh, heh.
My dad, feeling victorious.
Here's my boy. It's so funny now that he's taller than me & my sister. Actually, they played soccer, and he kicked her by accident. Whoops! Left quite a mark on her with those size 13's of his.
My parent's dog, Buddy.
He would NOT look at me! LOL
Sisters, sisters....
Eli & Isaac
Here's my mom!!
Isaac, rolled up like a sausage in an afghan.
I can't remember why he made this face, but it cracked us up!
After a bit, we took a ride to a local playground.
Everyone got in on the action....
Christine on the rock wall.
Luke riding the zipline--I think it was his favorite thing!
Eli is always so good about helping the younger kids--some lady showed up with her sons, and he was helping them, too!
Mom on the swings!
Christine, showing off on the rings--I can't do them at all.
Follow the leader...
Isaac could zip across those rings--way to go!
Christine, showing off again. ;)
Wheeeeeeee!
Isaac on the tire swing.
Buddy came with us. He was pretty excited.
Love Isaac's hair flying in the wind.
A little tired?
Oh yeah...almost time to go home.
My Madeline
Dad, taking his turn on the swing.
Look who showed up! Steve, dressed completely inappropriately for the heat, but appropriately carrying an iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts.
No one ever mentions how pudgy my stomach looks--blech. (Blech that it's there, not that people don't mention it. If they did, I'd probably cry.)
Steve, doing is best to keep up with the kids.
Christine, showing off AGAIN. Geez! LOL
Mom & Dad & 5 of their grandkids.
Isaac & Luke, being silly.
We had a great visit. That night, we went to see The Avengers movie, which was awesome. On Sunday, we met over at a friend's house--everyone had a great time.
And now they're gone again. I'm so glad they could come down, even if it was just for a couple of days.
Which playground is that? I meant to ask you when you posted on Facebook.
ReplyDeleteBeaver River, off of 138. :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun.
ReplyDelete