One thing I really want to try & do this year (as opposed to last year) is make time for some field trips. As the kids get older, their school work gets harder & more time consuming, and we don't make time for the fun things!
Last week we tried to rectify this by going apple picking. We decided to make a little trip of it, and drive about an hour north to Tougas Family Farm.
Last week we tried to rectify this by going apple picking. We decided to make a little trip of it, and drive about an hour north to Tougas Family Farm.
There was a lot of groaning, but the kids indulged me when I made them pose for pictures.
The orchard was beautiful, with lovely, well-ordered rows of trees.
I had to put this picture of Patience in, even though that leaf is in her way. :) She's such a cutie.
Here's the boy! He turns 16 in less than 2 weeks. SIGH.
Me & Patience
Trying it again without the sunglasses! Man, I'm squinty.
Patience, hurrying down a row.
Eli, chasing after her.
Me & Maddie--again, I look a bit frightening, but I'm just trying not to squint!
Running off to another part of the orchard.
We had just gorgeous weather. A perfect New England autumn day.
Patience, holding the Pinova apple I picked. I'd never heard of that type of apple--it was delicious!
Patience insisted on picking out a pumpkin.
Ahhh, look at that sky.
After we picked apples, we went across the street to the farm store.
Apple cider donuts....mmmmmm...
We actually showed some self-restraint and saved 2 for Daddy.
We actually showed some self-restraint and saved 2 for Daddy.
Which was no mean feat, seeing how I had this guy with me. :)
We also got some apple-filled cookies. OH MY. They were SO good.
The cookie was a sugar cookie--I may try to make these at home.
The farm also has a playground and petting zoo. There were goats & pigs to say hello to.
Here's Maddie, making some new friends.
This mama did not want to move so that we could see her baby.
Aww, there he is. (Actually, I have no idea if this kid is a boy or a girl.)
These little guys got all excited when some new folks walked into the petting area.
Tougas Farm is much more than an apple orchard. We may have to take another trip there next summer!
One last picture before we headed home.
I'm so glad we went. We only got 10 lbs of apples (we were looking for the experience, people!), and we'll be enjoying some fabulous apple crisp this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment
C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)