Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas vacation isn't actually over, is it?

Sigh.  2:50pm, and I'm still in my pajamas. Steve will be home in 40 minutes, and I will have to explain why this is the case.  By then, I'll be watching The Big Valley on ME-TV, which I became addicted to while I had the flu.  So I won't be able to take a shower and get dressed until AFTER The Big Valley.

Meaning that, I became addicted to ME-TV, not The Big Valley.  But my sister and I used to watch The Big Valley every day after school, so maybe the addiction has just lain dormant for two decades.

(Note: Steve has never in 20 years given me a hard time about being in my pj's when he comes home, but I feel guilty since it happens so often and feel like I should explain. My reason being that I didn't have anywhere to go today, so what was the point I was just being so productive that I didn't have time.  Actually, that's a lie.  I've spent the day on Facebook. Sigh.

I just don't want to give up my being-lazy-on-vacation ways. And it's winter, when I tend to hibernate anyway. And I'm just over the flu--I wouldn't want to overdo it and have a relapse.

Not that I'll be hibernating for the whole day today.  We have plans to take the kids to see The Hobbit tonight--we're meeting up with friends. To be honest, I don't really want to see The Hobbit (Orlando Bloom sightings, notwithstanding), but Breaking Dawn II isn't playing at our theater anymore. Because I would totally ditch my family and go see that again.

I don't think we have anything planned tomorrow, which is good, because the movie won't be over until almost 10pm.  The theater is only a few minutes away from our house, but I tend to stay up once the kids are in bed.

Uh, The Big Valley is on now, and Audra is on a tear about something.  Gotta run!

2 comments:

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)