Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thursday

Today was a bit more productive than the past couple of days have been. Eli, Maddie, and I all got haircuts this morning.

 I called to make an appointment for Maddie at the podiatrist--for the last 3-4 winters, she's been having trouble with her toes.  They get all red & purple, and if she wears socks and shoes, they get overheated and swollen, and then they get itchy, but if she itches them, then they really hurt. ???  We've taken her to the pediatrician a few times for it, but he really isn't sure what it is. He prescribed a Vaseline-like cream for her, but it doesn't help.  So off to the podiatrist we will go next week.

My dad stopped by for a visit after he got off of work (he works 2 days per week for Home Depot).  It was nice to catch up for a bit.

I also took Eli driving this afternoon. Poor kid--he's had his driver's permit for 3 months, and only has about 4 hours of driving in.  UGH. His driving test is already set up for 4/16, and Steve keeps saying, "We can always change the date."  Sigh.  Obviously he isn't going to learn with Steve only taking him out once in a while.  So we headed to a nice, wide, basically straight road that would require Eli to drive faster than 25 mph.  He did pretty well!  And he got in about an hour of driving. (I missed The Big Valley, though! Gah!)

This evening, I finally graded the work that my history students handed in last week. Unfortunately, more than half of them forgot to do the work for a quiz that I sent out before Christmas. Sigh.  So some of the will have extra work next week.  Then I went over tomorrow's lessons--at least I feel a little bit more prepared than last week.

Tomorrow is co-op, so we'll be out the door early. Then I'm having dinner with one of my girlfriends--the perfect relaxation after what is always a bit of a stressful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)