I'm sure you've all seen the different posts on FB that go viral, ones about 800 uses for lemon juice, or 200 ways to use vinegar, or homemade mosquito repellent?
A couple of days ago, several of my friends posted a recipe to help bring wood furniture to life. I don't have a link for you--I just googled "canola oil vinegar furniture" and one came up.
A couple of days ago, several of my friends posted a recipe to help bring wood furniture to life. I don't have a link for you--I just googled "canola oil vinegar furniture" and one came up.
This is my bathroom vanity. We've been renting here for 7 years, and even my landlady had said, "Hmm, you might want to use some Murphy's oil soap on that." :) It didn't gleam, even when I did clean it, and I figured it was just old, and that was it.
Enter Mr. Canola Oil & Mr. Vinegar
Mixed them up (I'm not even going to tell you how much--you have to look it up yourself, because I feel guilty for not having a link back to whatever blogger-homemaking-guru put it out there first), and used a microfiber cloth to rub it into the wood.
Voila.
I hope you can tell the difference, because it is significant. Who would have thought such an easy solution (and cheap!) would bring this wood back to life?
No comments:
Post a Comment
C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)