Exhausted but happy, we pulled away from our Disney cabin on Sunday morning. We had already made hotel reservations in NC, so we only had about 10 hours of driving to do. After a good night's sleep, another fun adventure awaited us--visiting friends in Chesapeake, VA!
We met John & Kim about 4 (?) years ago, when they started attending our church. John is a Navy man, and had been stationed in RI. They are just awesome people, and we love them to bits. Their girls are almost exactly our girls' ages, and thankfully, they love each other, too!
We met John & Kim about 4 (?) years ago, when they started attending our church. John is a Navy man, and had been stationed in RI. They are just awesome people, and we love them to bits. Their girls are almost exactly our girls' ages, and thankfully, they love each other, too!
Sadly, they moved to Virginia about 2 years ago (I think--it goes by so fast), and we hadn't seen them since they left.
I can't believe I didn't take many pictures there, but we were having so much fun visiting, I just forgot!
I can't believe I didn't take many pictures there, but we were having so much fun visiting, I just forgot!
We were only there one night, but we packed a lot of chatting into that time!
Here are some shots of the girls the next morning.
Patience, Marin & Maddie
Here are John & Jayce (covering her beautiful face)
Marin & Patience, giggling their heads off
Sisters....
Maddie & Jayce
All 4 girls (to be honest, Eli is a little left out at these gatherings!)
So silly...
It was so phenomenal to see them. We're hoping to get back down there soon for another visit.
We hopped in the car, and headed north. After getting lost trying to get OUT of Chesapeake, we were finally on our way. We actually drove home on election day (we submitted absentee ballots), so we listened to talk radio the whole way home, especially once results started coming in. It was neat to be able to get a local (home) station on my cell phone!
We hopped in the car, and headed north. After getting lost trying to get OUT of Chesapeake, we were finally on our way. We actually drove home on election day (we submitted absentee ballots), so we listened to talk radio the whole way home, especially once results started coming in. It was neat to be able to get a local (home) station on my cell phone!
I think we finally pulled into our driveway around 10pm. It was SUCH a fantastic trip. I'm so glad we were able to do it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)