Well, until we hit our 180 days, that is. Neither of the kids will be done with their Math Paces yet, but that should happen within the next month. No biggie. We usually only really take the month of July off, anyway.
My sister & her family are coming to visit in June, though, so we'll probably take time off then. Of course, before when she would come to visit, she'd be staying with my parents, downstairs, so we would see her a lot more. Now, presumably, she'll be with my parents, 40 minutes away. We'll have to make plans to see her, so maybe we'll have time to do school work, too.
I use the word "so" a lot when I type. Is that like using "umm" when you speak?
Eli is reading up a storm. I know he's getting a bunch of words wrong (I can hear him when he read aloud). I don't know how much I should be correcting him. His joy at being able to read is palpable--I don't want to douse that in any way.
I also don't want to wait, and assume that he's reading everything correctly, only to have a 16 year old who is still missing every 3rd word. Okay, okay, I know that won't happen. But I did have a friend who assumed her child was reading on grade level, but when she sat down and had him read aloud to her, he was still mis-reading a lot. I want to avoid that.
I'm reading the current issue of TOS right now (well, not at this moment--I'm typing right now). Good stuff, as always.
Off to make lunch. I'm getting my hair cut today--which is, like, a yearly event here! I hope the girl (I've been going to her for about 5 years) doesn't comment on all of the grey hairs!
No comments:
Post a Comment
C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)