Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Shell-shock over shoe sizes

How's that for some alliteration?

 

Took the kids sneaker shopping on Monday.  Here was the breakdown:

Eli went from a men's 8.5 to a men's 10.  A MEN'S 10!   I wear a women's 11 (you don't need to repeat that in caps....).  Here is our feet next to each other (Eli is on the left, if the nail polish doesn't tip you off!)

 

He's only going to be 12 in October.  I'm afraid, very afraid.

 

Madeline went from a women's 6.5 to a women's 9.5.  That is one heck of a jump for just one year!  Her feet are almost as big as mine.  She is not quite 10.5 years old.  Maybe we'll be able to share shoes for a short period time, before I have to start special ordering them for those gun-boats.  SIGH.  Now I know how my parents felt.

 

Not to be outdone, Patience grew.  A lot.  I had been a bit worried about her, because it seemed like several years went by, and her feet weren't getting much bigger, while she was growing taller and heavier.  I worried about her toppling over, with feet too small to support her frame.  Silly me.

The child went from a CHILD's 3 to a WOMAN's 7!!!!!!  I still can't quite believe it.  And yet, I'm oddly relieved, that she won't be a "little foot" in this family of Big Foots. (I'm not actually counting Steve, who wears an average men's 10.5.)

 

I know they come by it honestly, but I'm still reeling a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)