Friday, November 14, 2008

A funny story about someone other than Patience

I knew that Maddie had said something hilarious the other day, but for the life of me, couldn't remember what.  Until last night.  So here I am.


--


At Wal-Mart the other day, I bought the girls each a pair of jeans.  Much needed jeans.  But $$ is always an issue here, and Maddie was letting me know that I didn't have to buy her the jeans.  Here was her argument (I guess we can stop saving for law school...):


--


Mom, you don't have to get me these jeans.  I learned in my Social Studies that man has only 3 basic needs.  They are food, shelter and.....oh, nevermind. (The third necessity is clothing.)


--


She was a little chagrined to find that her argument wasn't going to hold water, but we had a good chuckle over it.

2 comments:

  1. LOL, I need to buy Madi some jeans, her supremely long legs have shot past the ends of hers again. Darn that girl!


    Thank goodness I have hand me down jeans for the younger boys (and they don't mind them, but I will say we are starting to see a style difference in the Levi's I bought Dylan 8 years ago (that are going to Ethan) and the Levis on the shelves now. EEK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)