Monday, November 17, 2008

Ho hum, it's Monday (Subtitile: Why didn't I pre-wash the fabric????)

Regular day here today.  A regular day after a long weekend.  All 3 kids had sleepover parties to attend last Friday night.  Once Steve went to work, I had the house to myself.  Of course I stayed up way too late.


--


Saturday morning, Steve came home from Wally-World and informed me that he had hurt his back.  Poor guy could barely move.  He called in to Roto Rooter--there was no way he was going to be able to work.  I picked up the kids--it took over 2 hours to go to where the girls were, bring their friend, Amy, home, go BACK to Amy's house to get Eli's pillow that he forgot, and the post office.  I was exhausted by the time we got home & all I did was drive around!


--


Saturday evening, Steve ended up calling in to Wal-Mart--he was still in so much pain.  It was nice to have him home, though, and he actually got a good night's sleep.


--


Sunday morning we taught Sunday School.  Those kids to crack me up.  I had a show in Fall River, MA on Sunday afternoon.  THANK GOD, my friend, Kristen, called me to tell me about a tractor trailer roll over on 195 East.  It was closed for HOURS.  I had to drive south though Newport and then up to Fall River.  The show was great--a really fun crowd.  Some friends were able to pick the kids up for Awana, so that I didn't have to rush home. 


--


Once I got home, Steve and I decided to get some dinner before we picked the kids up.  We don't get to do that often.  It was a nice time of just getting to catch up with each other.


--


Patience was once again a super-star at Awana, getting 14 gold coins for her jar. (They have a kids' store a couple of times a year, where they can spend the coins.)  Maddie didn't get any.  We're still dealing with all of these issues--Maddie feeling inferior, having such a hard time memorizing, us hating that Awana breaks up family time (or fellowship time--we're skipping Awana next week because we're visiting friends), and how hectic the day is, especially when I work.  I don't know yet what we're going to do.  Just praying that God will give us wisdom, and show us the right move.


--


I had a slow start today.  I've been sleeping the sleep of the dead lately, and waking up just as tired as when I went to sleep.  I did force myself to exercise, and I forced the kids to clean the bathroom (HA!), and then we got school work done.  I'm trying to work one-on-one with Maddie more, really helping her progress in her books, because she is really behind based on how much she should have done by this time in the school year.  We've passed day 60, so they should all be 1/3 of the way done with their school books.  I'm trying not to stress.  Also, Maddie's not feeling great today--kind of run down and snuffly. :(


--


I had several errands to run, the first of which was my chiropractor appointment.  I made Steve an appointment for later in the day, then went home to get the kids.  We went to chess, where I started clipping Maddie's rag quilt, then the post office, library & Dunkin Donuts (for the kids who were squealing about how hungry they were).  Came home, made dinner, finished clipping the fringe on the quilt.


--


GOOD NEWS!  The quilt is done!  It needs to go in the washer & dryer several times, so that the fringe will get all raggy looking.


BAD NEWS!  I didn't prewash the fabric, and shockingly enough, the bright pink squares have turned all of the white squares pink!  Who knew???  SIGH.  Stupid mistake.  At least the same thing will happen to Patience's quilt, because her squares are all done, and I didn't prewash that fabric either.  AUGHH.


--


Now I just need to get Eli to bed & wait for Steve to come home from school.  I finished reading the latest Eragon book yesterday (loved it), and am now being coerced into reading the Twilight series.  First up, though?  The Shack.  I'm completely a skeptic, though--we'll see if it changes me totally and completely revolutionizes my life like everyone else on the planet says it will.  My rebellious nature predisposes me to dislike things that people rave about. :)

2 comments:

  1. Well, when you finish The Shack, let me know what you think of it. I keep forgetting to ask my sister what she thought of it after she read it.


    Krista :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about the quilt and the aching back!!!


    We stopped Awana because of so many little issues, it also (to us) didn't seem to be so much about learning verses and a competition...quick memorization with no recall.


    Finally...I told Mike I must be the most jaded person in the world, I am scared to read The Shack because I have a feeling I'll just hate it. Things that are supposed to speak to me typically just irk me. Sigh.


    Sheri @ theshadesofpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)