Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My Father loves me.

I think I blogged last month about how difficult Abigail's 13th birthday was.  We never even ended up going to the cemetery or anything.  I wanted to commemorate this birthday somehow.  I mentioned to Steve how I really wished that I could get a piece of jewelry or something.  The money wasn't there, though, and that was the end of it.


--


I went on Money Saving Mom a couple of weeks ago, and Crystal was doing a give-away.  I don't always enter those.  She has such a large readership, and it's such a shot in the dark to win.  But the prize this time caught my eye.  It was a beautiful necklace by Lisa Leonard Designs.  You absolutely must go to her site and check out the work she does.  I decided right then and there that I would enter the contest, but *when* I didn't win, I would save my pennies and buy one of these gorgeous necklaces.


--


You know what's coming, right?


I WON!  I WON!!!!!!!  I almost fell over when Crystal emailled me!  It was as if God just reached down to hug me, and said, "See, I was paying attention!  I knew you wanted something like this--here you go, daughter!". 


--


Lisa was an absolute peach to work with, and got my necklace out so quickly.  I love it, I love it, I LOVE IT.


I decided to go with her "Family Tree" design, and have all of our names put on the necklace. 



Isn't it beautiful?  I'm so grateful to God for this blessing!

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome, Amanda!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful and I am SO happy you were able to get something so special to remember her by!


    Sheri (Theshadesofpink.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and a very nice way to remember your dear little one.

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)