My ear is still very infected, even after 2.5 days on the antibiotic. I saw my regular doctor today, and she had me get some Mucinex D ($20.99 ON SALE for 24 pills--GAHHHH) to take every 12 hours, gave me a prescription for Tylenol with Codeine (did I mention that I LOVE my doctor?), and told me to be sure to take Sudafed before I get on the plane.
--
In 48 hours. That's when I leave. I haven't packed a thing. I feel like crap. And to cap of such a spectacular week of illness (Steve had to leave work early on Saturday night due to some stomach issues , so he'll be getting a small check this week), Steve informed me last night that he and the kids must be allergic to the laundry detergent that I bought, because they all have rashes. I don't know if it's the detergent or the cheapy fabric softener sheets, but we can't use them now.
I made a batch of homemade detergent (happy to report that my blender does a passable job of grating the bar of laundry soap), and told the kids to change into clothes that they haven't worn lately (and therefore haven't washed in the store bought soap). I'll think about re-washing everyone's clothes later.
--
Also, I got a call from the allergist's office to remind me that Maddie's allergy test is scheduled for tomorrow--rescheduled for tomorrow, I should say, since the last time it was scheduled, I had forgotten to take her off of her Alavert. And Guess What? I forgot again! At least I was able to call and tell them that she was on antibiotics, and we needed to reschedule. AGAIN. They must think I'm so stupid. Eli still has to go for his allergy shot, so I'm not getting out of actually going to the allergist.
--
Then, I went to call the oil company to order oil (Steve gets paid tomorrow), and realized that we have no more checks. I need to reorder them. I have some leftover (need to be shredded but I just haven't gotten around to it) checks from our old address--it's okay to use one of them, right? 'Cause we really need oil.
--
And my host for tonight's show cancelled. Her whole family has the flu. I know, you're thinking, "Amanda, you're in no condition to do a Pampered Chef show!", and I know that, but I was just going to dunk myself in Purell and just do it, because we need the $. And by not doing the show, I'm going to miss out on an incentive that PC was offering, and I just hate that.
--
Then I'm having an issue with a friend. And I'm just devastated and emotional and it probably has more to do with being sick than the issue, but that doesn't change the fact that I can't stop bursting into tears.
--
Today bites. I cannot wait to take a Tylenol w/codeine tonight and go to SLEEP.
Sounds like a terrible day! :( I have been perscribed tylenol with codine before, and it makes me sick as can be. (Awful nausea.) I hope that you have better luck with it, and I hope that you'll feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Nicole
Oh, friend, what a day. Praying for your healing--physical and emotional! Hgus!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry, I didn't know you were this sick! Maybe you passed me something via internet, because I'm just getting over strep. I had dreams that the laundry grew, overtook, and ate us in our sleep.
ReplyDeleteFeel better! Get rest! and, I'm being serious here: Gilmore Girls got me through the roughest years of my life. No joke. Well, it was a substitute that worked in conjuction with the supernatural, of course :)