I guess I'll post a life update. Of coure it will get buried once I start uploading photos and such, so maybe it's not such a good idea. Huh.
Life is rolling along. Steve has been at his new job at Electric Boat since August 30th. We're slowly but surely getting used to second shift. The consistent paycheck has been great. It is actually weird, we went so long without one--meaning, of course, that Steve GOT PAID every week, we just didn't know how much it would be. He likes the job, and month one is under his belt. Five more months of probation, and then we can take a breath.
I'm still on my diet. Go Flat Belly! I'm down 31 lbs. and feeling great. I still have about 25 more to go, so the harder work really starts now. I have to stay consistent. And holiday season is coming up. Oh joy. :)
Homeschooling is going well. We're two months in, and have been able to maintain a pretty consistent schedule. Eli's just started an Intro to New Testament Greek glass with my friend Vanessa's husband, Rob. He's had two classes (out of 6) and seems to be enjoying it.
The girls took part in a children's chorus for the month of September. I told them they had to go for at least the month, and then they could drop out if they wanted. My sister and I had such a good time in the choir we were in--I was hoping the girls would have the same experience. I wasn't counting on the fact that they didn't know anyone (kind of) and the friendship aspect was a lot of what made choir such a great experience for my sister and me. I'm bummed that the girls wanted to drop out, but I do understand. And it frees up another afternoon for us, so I'm not complaining.
Patience is doing well with her piano lessons. We were considering putting Eli and Maddie in them--I mean, even 6 months of music lessons is a good thing, right? But my friend, Ruth, who teaches Patience, just can't fit them into her schedule. I'm wondering if I want to find a different teacher, or just see if spots open up.
We could always find an art teacher for Maddie--I know she'd enjoy it. I don't know. I don't want our schedule to be crazy busy, but it feels unfair to only have Patience and Eli in something extra. We are trying to schedule extra activities after Steve goes to work in the afternoon. That way we have more time with him.
Oh! Steve got offered overtime at EB this weekend. He's still working at Wal-Mart one night per weekend. If the overtime continues, he'll quit Wal-Mart. Bye-bye 10% discount. :) But it will be worth it--we'll finally have time to get together with friends again.
My allergies have been absolutely raging lately. I went to the allergist today, and got a new prescription for nasal spray. I sure hope it kicks in soon--I'm getting tired of the watery eyes, tingly nose, sneezing and bloody noses. I was fine all spring and summer, then BAM. Benedryl has been my friend at nighttime. :)
Here's some big news--in 5 days, Eli will turn 14. FOURTEEN. I can't even stand it. He's getting so big. I can almost rest my head on his shoulder when he hugs me. :) He wants slippers and a Nintendo DS game for gifts. We're planning on picking up his friend Josh and spending some time at the Scituate Art Festival, then coming home for dinner, then Eli & Josh will have Greek class in the evening. We're all looking forward to the day.
That's about it. The cooler weather is great, but it's been raining all week--I'll be happy to see the sunshine again.
No comments:
Post a Comment
C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)