Tuesday, October 26, 2010

10 things about me

I saw this on another blog, and being in a narcissistic mood (omg, I actually spelled that right the first try!), I'll do it.

10. I like crunchy nectarines and peaches.  If they are soft, I will not eat them.

9. People at my Pampered Chef shows tell me that I should do stand-up comedy. *snort*

8. I am addicted to lip balm.  New favorite?  EOS spf 15 Lemon Drop.

7. I love reading aloud to my kids (when I'm in the mood).  We're in the middle of Anne of Green Gables.

6. I adore anything to do with Great Britain.  I just ordered a new purse--love it! (It's a map of London.)


5. Once upon a time, when I was newly married and just starting to have kids, I had very few friends.  Close friends.  Kindred Spirits.  Bosom friends (As Anne-with-an-E Shirley would put it).  God saw this desire of my heart, and I have so many close friends now.  I am SO blessed!

4.  For someone who loves to cook and bake (and does so as part of my job!), I'm a very picky eater, and would be more than happy to eat the same foods all of the time.

3. I come across as very self-assured and out-going, but can be very shy in large groups where I don't know a lot of people (and even, sometimes, when I do!).

2. I would go through labor a thousand times to experience that first few minutes with a new baby, but please don't ever ask me to take a newborn  home.  A two-month, maybe.  But not a newborn.  Can't do it.  Barely survived it the 3 times I had to do it. :)

1. Just last Sunday (10/24), Steve and I celebrated (and by celebrated, I mean that we watched football and he fell asleep on the couch) the 18th anniversary of our first date.  I've officially been with Steve for 1/2 of my life!

There you go. :)  I hope you're not wishing for the last 5 minutes of your life back. :)  Because it won't happen, and you'll never forget these things about me now. :)

3 comments:

  1. Eeeeeek! Crunchy peaches!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post! My favorite lip balm at the moment is, Orange Blossom Honey, by Naked Bees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda...shy? Who'd a thunk?

    I think of you every time I see that lip balm in Wal-Mart. When my Nivea runs out I might even get one. :)

    Crunchy peaches and nectarines? ummm...OK

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)